High resolution aerial mosaic of the Oroville Dam & Spillway. Zoom and pan using your mouse or touch features of your mobile device.
Click on the home icon to reset the view.
- Image dimensions: 44,507 pixels wide by 25,191 pixels tall (1.1 gigapixels)
- Camera: Phase One iXU R1000 (100MP) with Rodenstock 90mm lens
- Aircraft: Cessna 172 @ 4,500 ft. altitude (4,000 ft. above dam)
- GSD (ground sample distance): 6 cm/pixel
- Area covered: approx 1.5 square miles
- Time needed to acquire all imagery: approx. 57 minutes
- Number of 100MP images used: approx. 565
- Original Image Size: 3.1 gigabytes (as .PSB)
- Number of Deep Zoom tiles: 23,485
- Sample JPG Image: 94MB, 10682 × 6046 pixels – download here
We used Adobe Photoshop CC2017 to create this mosaic of aerial images. There are a few mis-alignments visible throughout the image (roadways, power lines).
Want to learn more about our aerial camera platform or how this was done?
Contact Michael – firstname.lastname@example.org