Capture Awesome and Professional Quality Geo-coded Aerial Images with a DSLR, Mirrorless or Medium Format Digital Camera.
Taking photos from a plane usually means dealing with a lot of inconvenience and getting blurry or obstructed shots. SkyDSLR eliminates these hassles and lets you take stunning vertical and oblique photos and video using your DSLR camera, in a fast, safe and cost effective manner.
- Initial installation takes 2-2.5 hours, then remove and re-attach and fly in under 30 minutes
- Permanent or Temporary
- Easily cover large parcels or multiple parcels in a day
- Mount multiple systems to a single aircraft
- Share a system among multiple aircraft – move from airplane to airplane or helicopter and back.
Using additional software and data sets, easily use geocoded images for:
- GIS applications
- Aerial Mapping and Surveying
- Digital Elevation Models (DEM)
- Huge Mosaics for Analysis or Artwork
The unique DSLR mounting system is STC FAA-approved and
includes a lightweight, environmentally protected and sturdy pod that is ready to be mounted on the wing strut. The system allows for closed cabin, laptop-controlled operation using the manufacturers software or intervalometer.
- No steep banking maneuvers
- No fuselage holes
- No open windows
- No other modifications
Digital Still Camera Options
Usually in stock: Nikon D850 & D810, Canon 5DS/DSR, Phase One iXU-RS & iXM camera mounts and adapters.
We’ve configured our mounts with other cameras. We can usually adapt any camera or sensor that fits – including many mirrorless and other camera brands.
Do you have a specific brand/model in mind? Contact us.
Vertical (straight down) or Oblique (at an angle), Custom Payloads
Housing extensions, flat glass cover, plastic dome cover, GPS Antenna